""We're gonna have a MAD time!"
– Dust Sans' main Quote
Sans is the brother of Papyrus. To stop the human from killing everyone over and over, Sans is forced to increase his own LV. Killing one monster isn't enough EXP for him to defeat the child, though, and oddly enough, the resets don't send him back to LV one. He forgets his original purpose, and kills everyone, including Papyrus. He begins to hallucinate a much meaner Papyrus who's just a floating head and hands. Sans can also locate SAVE points and destroy them.
This AU Sans tried to stop the genocide committed by the human by all means, but ultimately fails. Though, through unknown means, Sans gains possession of DETERMINATION .
Because of this, Sans tried to kill the human and end the genocide and the RESETs once and for all, but yet again, he failed. The human soul was too strong for Sans. So he decided to sacrifice the other monsters to get himself more LV. Sans always felt tremendous guilt, and all the monsters return to him in his nightmares. However, he continued to kill, and eventually it disappeared. The guilt vanished.
At that moment, the only thing that mattered to him was putting an end to the human's tendencies yet again, but this time on a different playing field. Soon he had to kill his brother, Papyrus. Papyrus was the last monster that Sans had to kill. Even though Papyrus was his loving brother, Sans felt that he needed to kill him in order to beat the human. He also makes the argument that it'd be better to be killed by him than the Human. It was the last and most severe blow to his mind. Finally, after killing his brother Papyrus, Sans becomes insane. Since then, Papyrus' ghost has haunted him.
Through the psychological and Physical torment Sans had to face, Sans finally achieved the strength to kill the human. but at a great cost. His friends, his brother. Sans fell into madness, killing everyone he loved. Nowadays, Sans has nothing but LOVE (Level Of ViolencE).
From there, the story reaches a crossroads. Nightmare! Sans gives him an offer to join his crew. Some people say that he refuses, reasoning that he can't waste the LV his friends died for. Others say that he accepts, and becomes one of Nightmare's allies.
His clothes are covered with the dust of the monsters he has killed. Sans wears a blue hoodie with a white hood. The "iris" of his left eye is a deep red while the pupil is a blue color, making the vapor trail given off by his eyes a purple color as is a mixture of both red and blue.
Dust Sans has finally lost insanity and has a huge grudge on the human (Frisk/Chara) for killing everyone non-stop. He has also became homicidal and often chats with a specter resembling his brother, Papyrus, which only Sans can see. That could be due to him falling into insanity and Papyrus either haunts Sans or is a way to cope with him killing his brother.
""Let's start the madness!""
– Dust Sans' Quote
DETERMINATION: Due to Sans having acquired DETERMINATION, he is capable of lasting much longer in a fight and being much more powerful than the Canon Undertale Sans. For starters, he has more ATK and DEF, although just like the Canon Sans, he usually dodges.
SAVE Point Destruction: Sans has the capability to remove SAVE Points. Due to him having the power of DETERMINATION, he is capable of seeing SAVE Points and allowing him to destroy them to limit the human's power over the Underground
Spatial Manipulation: Sans, like before, has the ability to increase or delete the amount of space in between himself/his attacks and his desired target. This has been shown many times in Phase 2 of the battle with Sans at the end of the Genocide Route/No Mercy Run.
Bone Manipulation: Sans has the ability to create and manipulate bones to his will. This is Sans' main form of attack. Can be used with blue, orange, or white magic.
Gaster Blaster: Sans can summon skull-shaped blasters that will fire a beam of white, blue, and orange magic.
Asgore's Trident: Sans has stolen Asgore's trident. It has turned white, and he can manipulate it to his will.
Flowey's "Friendliness Pellets": Sans has gained Flowey's pellets and can use them for his own intentions.
Fire Magic: Can crack a bone to have fire be released from it.
Shield Magic: Can give the soul of his enemy a shield, which the enemy can activate as to not take damage, but it has a cool down.
- The Human (Frisk/Chara) - Biggest Enemy
- Papyrus - Brother/Friend/Spirit (Most often portrayed as a Papyrus head with the red scarf and gloves)(killed by his own brother)
- Horror!Sans - Good Buddy. They often torment papyrus, and both are apart of the 'Killer Crew' (not canon)
- He likes to kill the human in very cruel ways.
- He can sometimes be mistaken to be the main antagonist of Dusttale, however, Chara (who is controlling Frisk) seemed to take the spot as the main antagonist.
- If Frisk ever resets, Sans' LV will not go down.
- It is implied that Sans has or will gain 19 LV.
- Sans seemed to have killed a good amount of the Underground's population by the time Frisk (Chara) had returned.
- Sans killed Toriel in a single blow.
- By the time Sans killed Toriel, she had figured out who Sans really was... the person at her door.
- Sans seems to have lost all hope in Frisk, unknowing that they are actually being controlled by Chara.
- Despite what he has done, he feels terrible for killing his friends and feels even worse when killing his brother, Papyrus. Though he kills them anyways to further his goal. Eventually, he falls into apathy and feels nothing for killing his friends
- Papyrus still haunts Dust! Sans.
- According to the creator of DustTale, Murder! Sans is unable to fall in love with anyone in the universe of DustTale.
- In a Fan-game, should the player attempt to spare Sans in their second battle, he will question on why the human is not attacking. This action is known as the "Rebellious Pacifist" choice.